Sunday, February 12, 2012

Be My Valentine...


Thanks for stopping by.  I recently watched a YouTube tutorial video to help you get more uses from your border punches.  The pretty eyelet lace layer of Whisper White CS was created from a 1-1/2" strip.  I was very careful to place my first punch on each side in the same position, always starting with my punch upside down, so I could tell exactly where the edge of my paper was.  I'll create more double sided trims using border punches and photograph the process for Tuesday's Technique, so make sure you check back.  My friends at Saturday's Valentine workshop were so excited with their eyelet trim, we incorporated it underneath our pretty ribbon.  I think it made the perfect accent to our card!




And what is Valentine's without a few sweet treats!  The make 'n take project included this 4x6 cellophane bag filled with goodies.  The topper is created by using the Apothecary Framelits.  I measured the width of the bag top & then measured the middle of the Apothecary framelit (the heigth of the framelit) to determine which one of the nesting framelits I needed to use.  The black "shadow" of the framelit topper is cut from the exact same framelit, just split and adhered with snail to create the shadow I wanted.





Stampin’ Up Supplies:
  • P.S. I Love You Stamp Set (Wood #125460)
  • Take it to Heart Stamp Set, (Clear #125522)
  • Delightful Dozen Stamp Set, (Wood #122650)
  • Cardstock:  Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White, Real Red Stripe from Brights DSP Patterns, First Edition DSP
  • Ink:  Real Red, Black Staz On 
  • Accessories:  Heart Punch, Hearts Embossing Folder, Eyelet Border Punch, Paper Piercing Tool, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Small Scallop Punch, Modern Label Punch, Big Shot, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, 4x6 Cellophane bags, 3/8" Cherry Cobbler Taffeta Ribbon

0 comments:

Post a Comment