Sunday, February 19, 2012

Heaven Blessed Egg Hunt


This sweet and softly colored card is hand colored using the aqua painter technique I learned from Joan Robertson.  This is my favorite method of coloring my images.  I am amazed every time I work on a watercolor element at how such a small amount of ink on my brush can bring something so tiny as these Easter eggs to life!  

I am looking forward to the warmer days of Spring and pray that West Texas can receive some very much needed rain to fill our water supplies.  The thought of not being allowed to water my yard but 2 hours per week only (Tuesdays for my address), all by hand, spells the certain doom of my St. Augustine grass.  I've lived in West Texas since the early 60's and have never been subject to such stringent water restrictions.  The feel of soft carpet grass on your bare feet is like walking on a cloud.  Let's keep our fingers crossed that we can all be conservative with our water use and that we'll be blessed with lots of spring showers.


What I used:
Cardstock:  Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Pool Party, Whisper White & water color paper
Inks:  Stazon Black & Old Olive; Variety of Markers
Stamps:  Heaven Blessed (#125862-W, #125864-C) and Delightful Dozen (#122650-W & #122652-C)
Accessories:  Pear Pizzazz seam binding ribbon; Eyelet Border Punch

0 comments:

Post a Comment