Friday, March 2, 2012

You're My Type ... a little note

As I sat down this evening to unwind from a very demanding week, I found myself looking at a recent issue of CARDS  by Northridge Publications, feeding my creative spirit and looking for inspiration when I stopped to study a card with a quote:

True Friends are 
RARE &
PRECIOUS
treasures
To Keep
Forever

I was immediately reminded of so many sweet friends that lift my spirits every day and that truly make a difference in my life.  I know I can count on them to bring a smile to my face each time we see each other or exchange a quick e-mail ... I knew I needed to make a stash of little cards to have on hand for tucking in gifts.  

My sweet friend, Joan Robertson, has shared several cards this week featuring a new stamp set in the Occasions Mini Catalog:  You're My Type. So that's the stamp set I decided to work with first tonight.  I hope you like this little 3x3 Note Card.


I fussy cut the typewriter and lifted the little note coming out of the typewriter by placing 2 dimensionals at the top of the paper;  the itty bitty flowers are lightly distressed on the edges with Crumb Cake ink, put together with mini glue dots and dressed up just a bit with a tiny little pearl.  I repeated the Damask flourish on the back on the envelope in Crumb Cake ink (stamped off first).


What I used:
Card stock:  Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, First Edition DSP
Stamps:  You're My Type, #125564 - wood, #125650 - clear; Friends, 24-7, retired - Spring 2009 Mini Catalog
Inks:  Stazon Black, Crumb Cake
Punches:  Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, #k118309
Accessories:  Basic Pearls #119247; Note Card sized Envelopes, #107311; Snail adhesive & Dimensionals.


Thanks for taking time to visit my blog .... leave a comment and let me know what type of projects you would be interested in seeing.  Enjoy your weekend.


2 comments:

Kris Van Allen said...

That is absolutely gorgeous! Nice job, Karen.

Joan Robertson said...

I love the subtle flourish in the background! GREAT touch.

Post a Comment