Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Perfectly Penned Thank You

My mind starts thinking in terms of flowers about this time of the year .... I'm not sure what climate best suits clematis vines, but I'd love a trellis full of those richly colored blossoms, like this:



So the inspiration for this card came from looking at a gardening magazine.  The design of the card is a Viva la Verve sketch from August, 2011 that caught my eye.  

Rich Razzleberry Thank You

The card base, embossed layer and sentiment mat are all created using Naturals White.  I used a sponge dauber to go around the embossed mat with Rich Razzleberry ink, but the fun really began as I layered the leaves, cut with #114511 Little Leaves Sizzlits Die (I used 3 cuts, but snipped parts off of the middle and bottom sprig).  The blossoms are layered, starting with #119880, 5-Petal Flower Punch.  I worked each petal with my bone folder to give it the shape I wanted.  The centers are punched with the Boho Blossoms Punch - #119858.  I pierced the center of each layer, then threaded them onto a Basic Rhinestone Brad.  The tiny blossoms are punched from the "clover" punch - #118309 Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, with a small Basic Rhinestone tucked in the center.

Accessories:  Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, #120175; Mini glue dots; Scallop Border Punch, #119882
Ink:  Rich Razzleberry
Stamps:  Perfectly Penned, #122892 - clear, #122890 - wood



It's not too late to order before Sale-a-Bration ends.  Click on the Sale-a-Bration link and complete your wish list before it comes to an end!


1 comments:

Kris Van Allen said...

So pretty.....reminds me of the lilacs that were so plentiful up north, and smelled so wonderful.

Post a Comment