Monday, March 5, 2012

Birthday Butterfly

It seems like most Mondays cause the blues .... today's blues are from the blues I used on this birthday card!  For some reason, I've reached to use Basic Grey card stock as an accent color several times this past week and for one reason or another, it just didn't go.  Well, I wasn't taking no for an answer today.  Even though I used a Very Vanilla base (I always think Very Vanilla is ONLY a neutral and that I HAVE to use Soft Suede or Crumb Cake as my accent mat color), I WANTED to use Basic Grey today and I'm soooo happy I did.  The elegant patterns on the Beau Chateau DSP pack (#122357) were the perfect match.

I recently purchased the Perfect Pennants Bigs L Die (#123126).  The two (2) circular element on this die have matching edges to the Scallop Trim Border Punch (#118402) and Scallop Edge Border Punch (#119882).  So instead of using the Eyelet Border Punch (#119853) that I originally had in mind to use, I made a test cut of the Scallop Trim Border Circle and I immediately knew I was going to use it!  The BIGZ dies are a wonderful investment to your tools collection and make exact and beautiful cuts every time.  The butterfly is cut using Bigz Die #114507 - BEAUTIFUL BUTTERFLIES and the sentiment tag was cut using Sizzlits Die Set #114508 - LOTS OF TAGS.  I sponged the edges of all patterned paper & the sentiment tag with Sahara Sand before I began assembly for an aged effect.



With a little help from bits of Dimensionals, the butterfly wings seem to take flight:


What I used:

Papers:  Very Vanilla, Marina Mist &  Basic Grey cardstocks; First Edition Specialty DSP (#121878) and Beau Chateau DSP (#122357)
Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes, #115370; Tiny Tags, #118091-W, #118592-C
Classic Stampin Ink Pads:  #109120 - Basic Grey; #105208 - Sahara Sand
Ribbon:  5/8" Satin Ribbon - Basic Grey, #124326
Dies & Punches:  Beautiful Butterflies, #114507; Lots of Tags Sizzlits, #114508; Perfect Pennants Bigz L die, #123126; 1-3/4" Circle Punch, #119850; Scallop Trim Border Punch, #118402;
Accessories:  Snail adhesive, Mini Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Basic Pearls, Neutrals Designer Buttons  & Linen Thread to tie the button around the satin bow.

* ~* ~ * ~ *

Smile at Everyone today!
A smile is a one-second chance to extend God's grace and love
to someone who otherwise might never see Him.  
So as you get dressed for today, don't forget to put on your smile!
Reach into someone's day and make it better.
Smile at everyone.


2 comments:

Kris Van Allen said...

That circle die really is pretty! Very lovely card!

Amanda said...

I can't believe this is my first time to your blog! I've really been missing a lot of beautiful designs. You are so talented, Karen. Love the layout and color combination on this card.

Post a Comment