Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Dare to Dream

Dare to Dream

I saved a very similar card to my favorites on Splitcoaststampers over a year ago and I can't begin to tell you have many times I've gone back to study that particular card.  My mind goes back to the day-dreaming days I spent on the farm, spending summers with my Grandma and Grandpa.  It would be my Grandma's 117th birthday on April 26th.  She was 89 when she earned her wings into Heaven and even though its been 26 years since we sat together and cut out pieces for a quilt project or crocheted together, I think of her every time I complete a card or craft project.

She raised 7 kids and always cooked 3 square meals a day, kept a clean house and read her Bible every single day.  Even though I was one of the younger of the 13 grandkids, I always had a special place in her heart and we spent lots of time together.  Fun times, eating a freshly picked yellow-meated Black Diamond watermelon on the front porch with a bunch of cousins all around - I wouldn't trade those memories for anything in the world.   This card is one in a series I'm making for our upcoming Family Reunion Auction.


Sentiment Bannerfrom Loving Thoughts stamp set - #125845


For my base, I used Early Espresso, then added a layer of Crumb Cake cardstock that I added my artwork to.  First I added several impressions of the No. 5 stamp from Clearly for You - #121976, clear, using Soft Suede ink.  I "stamped off" before each impression in order to get a lighter image.  I hand-inked the floral berries stamp from Clearly for You, using Old Olive on the stem and leaves and Riding Hood Red & Cherry Cobbler for the berries.  The tall stem is from Nature Walk - #121997, clear.  I used the same colors of ink on this stamp, too.  The sentiment banner is a piece of lined paper from the Beau Chateau DSP paper pack which is distressed using Soft Suede ink and a sponge.  To add to the vintage feel of the card, I tore the edges of the vertical strips of paper, then distressed the edges with ink before adding the strip of crocheted trim.  To secure my mini bow, I tied the Early Espresso 1/8" grosgrain ribbon with linen thread, then wrapped a vintage elements brad around the center to conceal the thread.

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog.  If you like my work, please leave me a comment.

Happy Stampin'!

0 comments:

Post a Comment