Sunday, April 8, 2012

Dotted Butterflies

Dotted Butterflies

As I began to clear my work table of the Everyday Enchantment DSP scraps, I saw Monarch butterflies fluttering around the shrubs out my scrap room window, which prompted me to pull out my Bigz Beautiful Butterflies die and the Embosslits Beautiful Wings to make good use of what would have been unused scraps. I cut several sizes of butterflies and began moving them around the front of a card base until I had an idea of where things would fit.

This card is very flat - just 1 mat and no dimensionals.  To add a shabby chic effect to the layer, I used my newest background stamp - Distressed Dots - #122815.  I inked it up with the Craft White  Stampin' Pad #101731.  I hand inked my sentiment stamp from Word Play - #120308, wood, #120651, clear., using Poppy Parade and Island Indigo markers.  To give the butterflies their antlers, I used scraps of Linen Thread - #104199, wrapped it around the body of each butterfly and secured the thread with a thin line of Tombow Multi liquid glue - #110755.  The butterflies are attached to the card front with Mini Glue Dots, #103683.

I have several sentiments that I've really wanted to use lately and I am also working on making card sets to place in my Family Reunion's auction in June.  So before I began cleaning up the large background stamp, I made several more cards.

Here is a close-up of the embossed butterfly:


Here's another card using a sentiment from Blessings from Heaven, #123050-wood or #123052-clear.  You will want to use your Stamp-a-ma-jig, #101049, to place your sentiment.  I rounded the bottom corners of the card base and the dotted mat using Corner Rounder Punch, #119871:


  • Papers I used:  Everyday Enchantment DSP, Pool Party & Crumb Cake
  • Inks:  Soft Suede, Poppy Parade, Island Indigo, Craft White Stampin' Pad
  • Stamps:  Word Play, Blessings From Heaven and Distressed Dots
Happy Stampin!






0 comments:

Post a Comment