Wednesday, April 18, 2012

RS #7 - Creative Elements

RS #7 - Creative Elements
The vintage colors of Beau Chateau DSP seemed to be the perfect fit for this week's RetroSketch #7.  I created the flourish background with the large swirly stamp, using Crump Cake ink and added a few of the smaller Basic Pears.  The fleur de lis banner and the dahlia flower are also from the Creative Elements stamp set .... from vintage to elegant to delicate designs for weddings or showers - this set lends such an artistic flair!

Here's the sketch we were to follow for this week's challenge:



What I used include:

Naturals White for the card base
Cardstocks:  Marina Mist, Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride & Very Vanilla + 2 small strips of Beau Chateau DSP.
Stamps:  Creative Elements, #122647-C
Inks:  Soft Suede & Crumb Cake
Accessories:  Scallop Border Punch and Basic Pearls

Here is a close-up of the floral/dahlia element:



and from the other side, so you can see the dimension created by adding Stampin' Dimensionals to the 2nd layer of the floral center:


Sorry I wasn't able to share a card or craft creation with you Monday and Tuesday ... Allen (my DH) has been out of town on business, followed by a 2-week personal trip to Africa.  He finally made his way home late yesterday evening after being gone 3-1/2 weeks.  I'll have to take a photo of my laundry basket after he unpacked!  OMG .... I need a laundry elf to come help out!

Thanks for taking time to look at my blog.  Leave a comment if you like what you see or to let me know other creative things you would like to see.  Have a great rest of the week.

2 comments:

Arielle H Gordon said...

Beautiful card, Karen - I love that flower! Thank you so much for playing with us at RetroSketches!

Teresa Kline said...

I luv this,m the kraft and pink together are gorgeous!

enjoy *~*

Post a Comment